Ernest Hemingway once said: “write one true sentence.”
You may know of my affinity for Hemingway, and with Paris just around the corner, I was thinking of his writing and his life recently. And then I thought of some of his most poignant quotes, which led me to thinking of things that I know, deep down, to be true.
- I know that if I skip a run or a workout in the morning, putting if off for after work, 80% of the time I will come up with some excuse to not do it.
- I know that I seldom can get out of Target spending less than $50.
- I know that I have a true, legitimate addiction to chocolate. Not just in a “oh I love chocolate and can’t get enough” kind of way, but in a way where if I have one piece, I pretty much can’t help but have two or three and unless I go cold turkey on it, I have trouble with moderation.
- I know that every time I see cinnamon Trident gum, I will always think of my grandmother. And smile.
- I know that being by the ocean makes my heart happy.
- I know that even if I’m not feeling it, a run almost always makes me feel better.
- I know that I am terrible with directions. I just got lost on walk with Charlie girl tonight before dinner. And I went South instead of North on the highway the other day on the way to work. I’m not exaggerating when I say I hands down suck at directions.
- I know that I compare myself to others way more than I should.
- I know that I’m far too judgey of myself.
- I know that tequila and I do not mix.
- I know that I can’t go more than a couple days without hearing my mom’s voice.
- I know that I have a tendency to be all or nothing on a lot of things.
- I know that I love a man in a blue shirt.
- I know that I’m a morning person, but like to have the chance to sleep in and have no plans.
- I know that I ask a lot of questions. And that can annoy my husband sometimes, particularly.
- I know that I have a tendency to stir the pot. Not necessarily pick a fight, per se, but I don’t always let the small things go, and I know that I should be better about this.
- I know that I can get sucked into YouTube videos for hours and not realize where the time went.
- I know there’s not much better than an evening spent with my girlfriends, talking about adult things, or random things, being silly, and feeling safe knowing you’re with your people.
What about you? What do you know to be true?